Thursday, 22 September 2011

Sleeping Companions

Ach Dear Reader!

Despite sleeping with the window firmly closed, I have managed to acquire some new sleeping companions, leaving me with more bites than face at the moment. My body is covered in bumps and bites, but at least I have stopped waking up in the middle of the night due to itching.

Apparently it is normal to have lots of biting insects around in September because of the lake, and as soon as the weather changes for winter they will no longer be around. Although I have been very much enjoying the beautiful sunny weather, I'm ready to lose my new facial and body decorations! My fellow internationals do not appear to be as affected as I have been - perhaps I am acting as the bait so that they don't get bitten...

It seems though that the temperature is changing - each day it is getting colder and I've started having to wear a coat in the daytime. I've even resorted to walking to uni because it is too cold to wait at the bus-stop for the same amount as it takes to walk.

Yet, do not worry dear friends, I have not swollen or frozen so badly that I am unrecognisable - nothing a nice mug of tea and some Photoshop cannot sort out!

1 comment: